Opvallende uitspraken Nana Mouskouri
Opvallende uitspraken van Nana Mouskouri en meer…
Quotes van Nana Mouskouri door de jaren heen:
- Every time I would open my mouth to sing, everybody was paying attention to me. It became a habit.
- For my convalescence, I had to exercise my voice only with vowels. It is a medical rule after a long loss of voice.
- How you looked was not important. It was what you did and how you did it. Decide to do it and then do it the best way you can.
- I do believe that if you haven’t learnt about sadness, you cannot appreciate happiness.
- I grew up thinking that singing was my security.
- I left the table where there were important people and had lunch with my husband and a few friends. The reception was organised in my honour, so it was rather amusing.
- I like to cook, but mostly Greek. When I am confused or tired, I think about what I can cook. It takes you away from everything, as you are thinking only of your dish.
- I think sometimes you are born with a song.
- I thought it was respectful to each country to sing in their language.
- I was born a singer. I need to do that.
- If I was sad or afraid, I would sit in a corner and sing. If I was happy I would jump into the middle of the room and sing. It was how I expressed my emotions.
- It’s nice to look good, but the most important thing is to be you.
- My energy to sing, I get it from my singing. Singing was not a reason to make a living. This is the only thing I wanted to do.
- My friends gave me the first songs which was the first food in my soul for me.
- Once I was condemned to three months’ absolute silence. As I could not speak, I wrote a book.
- One of the most wonderful memories in my life was when I sang at the Opera House in Sydney. I will never forget that. It is one of the most beautiful Houses I have ever sung in my life.
- The Berlin Wall go down, that was the most wonderful thing that could happen, absolutely. I celebrated with everybody in Berlin that day when the Wall was down.
- The idea of the European community is never face a war again.
- The secret is to cook the aubergines the day before and let them dry of all the oil they drank in cooking. When you cook aubergine, they eat a lot of oil. It can be very heavy.
- There were wonderful moments when I was singing for the first time in the Olympia Theatre and I was pregnant with my son, which was very, very strange for a singer.
- UNICEF has made the most rewarding thing that I have ever done in my life.
- When I heard his first songs, Dylan was answering certain questions that I had all my life been asking myself.
- When I started to work with UNICEF, it was a new way of giving some love and care to the world.
- When I was singing, everybody liked me.
- When I was very young I was the ugly duckling. I had a lot of complexes. My sister was wonderful and I was nothing.
- When you want something very dearly, you make the time.
- Wherever you turn, there is always something wrong with the politicians. They have everything they need to save the world, and they don’t save it.
- With my songs I tried to prove that there is love.
Nieuwe (en juist zeer oude, nieuwe) video’s vanaf het songfestival 1963 met A force de Prier, tot en met Hartino to Fengaraki, als absoluut slotstuk tijdens het concert in Athene, in juli 2008. A capella gezongen, met mede-zang van het gehele publiek. Toch betekent dit nog steeds niet het einde van de carriere van Nana Mouskouri. Ze zingt nog steeds, maakt nog altijd nieuwe cd’s en treedt met regelmaat op in tv-shows, met name in Duitsland en Frankrijk. Dat ze ineens weer een concert gaat geven bij ons of in onze buurlanden, valt ook niet uit te sluiten! Immers, officieel heeft Nana Mouskouri afscheid genomen van haar fans, maar officieus zeker niet! Een concert voor bijvoorbeeld Unicef, waarvoor zij zich al jarenlang inzet, heeft zij nog nooit uitgesloten. Enkel en alleen wilde zij haar fans bedanken met de farewell-tour, voordat het mogelijk te laat zou zijn, en dat is gebeurd. Een definitief afscheid, is nog niet aan de orde, zo geeft zij telkens aan, aan iedereen die ernaar vraagt!